Saturday 20 March 2021

Sharing Good News


Some news arrived in my inbox late yesterday afternoon that I wasn't expecting until early April...our plans for an extension have been approved...Imagine a big big smile, and a lightness in my heart that hasn't been there for a long long while. I know full well that there will be frustrations...much upheaval...financial burdens and plenty more...but I am feeling very happy. We will be able to truly make this cottage into a home...a home fit for an expanding extended family...

To be able to have a dining room to seat people instead of cramped in the kitchen will be truly wonderful. To have our bedroom at the rear of the property and be able to open the window at night if it becomes too hot will be a blessing...Happy happy dancing here today, and this evening we intend to celebrate with a chinese takeaway...

I have this morning begun the task of packing up best china and getting it ready to put in the loft...the loft at the front of the house...because yikes...the rear roof will be coming off! Lets all pray for a pleasant Summer please.


 

Yes Kitty...the there will be much change in the coming months...and I'm not sure that you are supposed to be up on the dresser young lady!

Blessings, J. x

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


6 comments:

  1. Lovely news and hopefully good weather when the roof is off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We once lived in an old farmhouse and the roof was removed one February...it then snowed...a lot! x

      Delete
  2. Yippee! How very exciting. Now please don't get carried away and pace yourself - remember the 50% rule. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that 50% pesky thing that then drops to zero in an instant...I don't always feel tired...but my whole body shakes and I have to stop...many lessons to learn here I'm afraid! x

      Delete