Saturday 13 March 2021

Did That Really Just Happen

There will be no photos in this installment...and you'll soon figure why...

This morning I have been busy making flans...savoury ones. Hubby had remarked that the parsley had grown again in the garden and wouldn't a flan be nice. Being the useless wonderful wife that I am I set to work making some pastry and frying up an onion and some bacon. There has also been cheese to grate. Luckily my wrists and hands cooperated on everything except pepper grinding which luckily for me hubby had popped home for a cuppa and managed to do. It was as I went to stir the eggs up that I felt it...something hard and prawn shaped appeared on the prongs of my fork...yuck...you can guess what it was. The eggs son-in-law had fetched only yesterday from a farm...a whole tray of them. Now I am a farm girl by birth...but I have to say my tummy did do a little flip and contunues to dance even now. However I'm disgusted proud to say that hubby and I decided not to waste the 6 eggs mixed up and merrily cautiously slopped the mixture into the flan case. It is baking as I type and I haven't heard any chirping coming from the Aga. Whether I shall want to sample the said flan remains to be seen.  I have taken the said embryo next door to son-in-law. He is a trained though not practising science teacher and quite probably will be fascinated at the poor unfortunate article.

There are rolls which will easily defrost in the freezer and crackers in the cupboard...but I eat chicken...I eat eggs...so as there were no horrid smells eminating from the eggs I'm assuming that all should be ok to consume...though my tummy is yet undecided what to have for lunch!

Blessings, J. x

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear, that chick in the egg thing is not supposed to happen. If people sell eggs they shouldn't run a cockerel with them. Makes the egg a bit older than they are usually sold - wouldn't fancy it myself.
    Hope you survive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't been brave enough to try! They are farm gate eggs...not very impressed though...x

      Delete
  2. I don't think I'd be wanting to eat the flan. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I know of a dog that would appreciate it instead! x

      Delete