Monday 22 March 2021

A Gentle Day Ahead

So it's about time I heed the advice given to me and spend more of my time relaxing...hard to do when so much chaos lies scattered around for my eyes to gaze upon. Dust bunnies...I'm looking right at you...and Henry keeps letting me know I have weps...(cobwebs)...now apparently there are weps...BIG!! I scooped one from the fireplace at the weekend for him to study...it came out complete with the body form of a  daddy longlegs...we couldn't decide whether it was a dead one or a cast off skin...

I need to make a list...a short one obviously...and prioritise what really needs doing...planning regular rest breaks...and pace myself whilst doing the tasks...this all sounds so easy...in reality it just isn't...sometimes things need doing all at once..but hey ho...after over exerting again at the weekend even I realise I need to take better care of me. Luckly there is plenty of cold beef for our evening meal and with a little mashed potato veg and gravy we'll have full and happy tummies. 

Our living room carpet really needs to be shampooed...but you know what...with all the building works coming up we have resigned ourselves to the fact that it and the stair carpet is going to get trashed...it would be just too much of an effort to try and save it. The stairs go up from the living room and yes there will be builders and a hubby stomping on up with their boots on. I have decided it just isn't worth any of my energy or stress...we'll do whatever needs to be done when the time is right. Meanwhile I have a body to recover.


Good morning Wilbur...normally more camera shy than Kitty...enjoying a spot of the bright stuff on hubbys' chair...notice the honest repair?! We have two screws fixing the arm...he did it when I was away from home once and the children thought I'd go nuts...I've been with him over 30 years...what is the point!

Blessings, J. x

4 comments:

  1. Wilbur looks very relaxed and content. You should definitely take a leaf out of his book. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilbur is such a little monkey...but loving as well so basically I forgive him anything and everything...well almost! x

      Delete
  2. Wilbur is so handsome. My daughter went nuts at her husband last weekend: he cut Cottontail's hair while her mummy wasn't around, or should I say, he butchered it. He has no experience whatsoever and apparently "thought she looked silly and wanted her to look nice". She is adorable but her hair does not look nice. I'm not sure whether or not that's worse than mutilating the chair. You have lots of plans Jackie but please pace yourself and take care. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear...why do men do such things...I'm sure they have the best intentions...though I'd never try and repair our car with sellotape and wrapping paper. Hope the hair grows out really soon. x

      Delete