Wednesday 23 February 2022

Exit Left...

Well thank you Dudley, Eunice and Franklin...actually thank you very much you three...and good riddance!

Dudley...you weren't too destructive for us...just some crashing and banging during the night making sleep none too easy. Eunice...well what got you in such a tizzy. Trees down, power off, roofs off, lines down. Our power was off for one whole day, whilst my daughters in another village was off for four, as it was at work also. Thank goodness for generators. Daughter next door lost some roof tiles. We had no internet until Sunday evening when our power went for another hour or so. All back now though, and long may it continue. Then came Franklin. I'd like a little word with you Franklin to be honest. You were supposed to be over Ireland weren't you, so how come you banged on our house all of Sunday night and into Monday morning. I had to get up for an early shift and could have done with a good nights sleep. I wore my cosiest bobble hat to work, and hardly took it off the whole time! I don't believe you quite had the force of Eunice, who nearly took out our upstairs windows at one point, but you weren't far off it.

Today, Wednesday has still been blustery, hey how can it be Wednesday already. Where has the time gone. Half term is causing a staff shortage, though when is there ever not a staff shortage is more accurate so I'm back doing shifts one after the other. It's leaving me with little energy when I come home quite frankly. A mixture of age, the weather, and still not being quite right after having the flu a few weeks ago. Some of my joints have been feeling like they did when I had long covid. Don't want that coming back thank you very much. 

The baking tins are beginning to look a bit sad. Maybe after work tomorrow I will have a quick cook-up. Instead of our usual rolls I've popped the ingredients for a small loaf into the breadmaker. Tea is to be fish in parsley sauce, with chips and peas. The chips are cut in readiness. The fire I laid in ready to light before leaving for work this morning. Soon it will be close the curtains and nip up for a shower time. Bliss. Early into bedclothes tonight because lucky me gets to do it all again tomorrow...early.

Littlest grandson had a birthday the other day. He was 2, and poorly. We think tree pollen is the culprit. Whatever...he looked shocking poor mite.

 


 

My feeble attempt at trying to keep some heat in the Aga when the electric went off on Friday.

Hope you all stayed safe. Haven't had much time for blog hopping the last few days, or internet connection. Maybe later though.

Blessings, J. x

8 comments:

  1. A bungalow is much quieter than a house when it's windy I've discovered but when the electric goes off for 24 hours it's just as chilly.
    Hope you get a good nights rest and the aches and pains soon go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, just like downstairs can be quieter than upstairs. We rely on electricity a little too much I fear...or rather we rely on the National Grid a little too much rather than being self sufficient. x

      Delete
  2. Oh dear - you did have rather unpleasant 'visitors' thank goodness those three have gone! Although we had them too, they were more of an inconvenience for us personally (as in scary driving on the motorway and the howling and moaning of the wind during the night) but not so far from us there has been widespread flooding. Really glad to see the back of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the floods have looked dreadful too. Such a shame for those affected. Nature will always have the last laugh won't she.x

      Delete
  3. The storms were brutal, weren't they. I'm glad you weren't affected too badly. Franklin came as a bit of a shock. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry I'm a bit late to all this.the storms were horrendous here.Luckily only a bit of roof damage,got off lightly others didn't.Take care.x

    ReplyDelete