Friday 4 February 2022

Yet Another Friday

How I wish I could be someone who had exciting things to write about. Sadly this week life seems to have been work, work, childcare and more work...though I shouldn't complain about either of these actviities. I am lucky enough to have a job I kind of like and how could I regret time spent with my grandsons. I guess I am just tired, still recovering from the flu type virus I had a few weeks ago. Probably I should have made myself get the groceries after work today, but to be honest I just didn't have it in me.

It would be rather exciting to look out of our windows and see a covering of snow...but here in the West of England of course what we actually have had today is an awful lot of overnight rain with high winds, rather chilly winds actually. More than one of my clients pointed out to me that my hair was all over the place! 

Friday is usually fish night but having had chips twice this week already I intended to do the fish in some parsley sauce with mashed potatoes and the sauce we really like has run out so instead I am using some of the large loaf of bread I made yesterday and am doing bread based pizzas. There is a mozarella cheese in the fridge that needs using up and I've hauled some tomato sauce and tomatoes out of the freezer. We have loads of the sauce and halved tomatoes to use up!

I do have the weekend off and intend to make the most of it. Winter Olympic watching will be on my to do list, and of course the grocery shop, oh and dusting...Earlier I had a mishap with the hoover. The bag needed changing, and I'd made a real mess on the living room carpet getting the full one out. Not to worry I thought, I'd just suck it all back up. Except I accidently put the hose on the blower hole instead of the suck. I just love a layer of dust don't you, makes a house so much more of a home!!

Well, the fire is now lit, think I'll pop upstairs for my shower. Could use some hydrothereapy on my rather tense shoulders. Then I'll take a peek and see if the Olympics are on iplayer.



Having had such an uneventful week the best photo I have is of our tea the other night. A chicken curry which was suprisingly tasty!

Blessings J. x





4 comments:

  1. It is a rather nothing time of the year, waiting for lighter nights, warmer days. We have grandson on a sleepover tomorrow, should be loads if fun and a very early start on Sunday, enjoy your weekend off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope your grandson did actually sleep on his sleepover! x

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean - my life seems to be so dull. Not that the grandchildcare is dull, just too ordinary to share. There was an incident the other day which ended up with the four year-old saying to me, "You smell of poo. I think you'd better have a bath," and that was after I'd cleaned myself up! I hope you're enjoying the Olympics - as usual, I am drawn into the curling and I do wish the figure skating wasn't on at stupid o'clock in the morning. Sigh. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dread to think what could have made you smell of poo! It is a big part of my life at work and with the grandchildren so it wouldn't phase me too much! Had a mishap checking the little ones nappy earlier with the finger test...tip...never use the finger test even if you think it's only wet!! Yes the curling is among my favourite to watch...not as stressful as the downhill skiing which can go badly wrong. x

      Delete