Thursday 17 February 2022

In The Red

 

Really not looking forward to getting up close and personal with storm Eunice in the morning. Last night was bad enough, our internet which is satellite went yesterday evening and has only returned at breakfast time this morning. Power was alright though which is good. We'd manage without it and cook on the woodburner, but it's a real bind needing electricity to run the oil boiler.

I am home today, and tomorrow, but have major concerns for my youngest who will be out on a homecare round early in the morning and travelling through very wooded areas. Hoping hubby may stay home and plumb in our bath which I have quite literally just taken delivery of. He appeared yesterday lunchtime and stayed home as the weather was truly vile. We put up the splashback trims along the kitchen worktops. Really happy that another job has been ticked off the list. just the Aga splashback left and we have an idea for that which hopefully will be quite special.




I had quite a tidy up and really hope it stays like this!

This morning I woke early and gave up trying to get back to sleep. I ventured downstairs and had a very peaceful cup of tea. The moon was out and shining brightly. My photo does not do it justice.



I have recently started to use Opus One, a digital planning app. I have my list of tasks which if they don't get done automatically remain to be done the next day. I am using the free version, however I can see the benefit of being able to schedule repeated tasks and sync the data across my mac, ipad and phone. It's called shift working folks! For instance today I have cleaned out the coffee maker and the budgie cage.These things are just two tasks that need doing regularly, but working all sorts of different days I can't always remember what I did when. It's working for me right now anyway. Today I also scheduled to pay an invoice. I could do this in Xero, but am not on Xero all the time.

In preparation of an angry Eunice pounding us in the morning I have picked up a light outdoor table and chair set, a bucket, some bags and hopefully not too much will be flying through the air come tomorrow. There are plenty of logs in by the woodburner and some extra in the passage. 

Currently watching the mens' curling match. GB vs UK. Tense times! 

Next thing to do will be prepare some chicken for tonights tea. We are having sweet and sour chicken balls and chips. The chicken needs removing from the thighs and boiling. A bit of a faff, but cheap and tasty. Scraps will be frozen for future stock making.

Stay safe and warm everyone.

Blessings, J. x

8 comments:

  1. GB just won - yippee - guaranteed a Silver

    Hope Eunice is not as Red and vicious as forecast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At last some metal coming back to the UK!! Fingers crossed that people stay safe tomorrow. Most of the schools are shut, but so far the one son in law works at is still open. x

      Delete
  2. Hi,loving your blog.Just wondering if you are in Cornwall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee, no not in Cornwall...but North Devon. One of my grandmothers was born at Marazion though, and I had a Cornish maiden name! x

      Delete
  3. I hope you don't get it too badly in your area. I've rejigged my work schedule for tomorrow to accommodate the conditions. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been quite the something...but we're still here! x

      Delete
  4. I have kitchen envy! It looks gorgeous, Jackie.
    I hope the storm doesn't hit you too hard. Stay safe. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules. The storm(s) were rather boisterius around these parts! x

      Delete