Monday 7 February 2022

Just A Small Slice

I have become very flabby again...I keep telling myself this is the moment I will once again fight that flab into submission, but no I'm afraid it has not happened. Realistically I should like to loose 2 stone. Yikes! But I also like to make such things as...



Oh dear...however I do have at least a little will-power. Hubby cut into this coffee and walnut cake yesterday at tea time. I did not. Hubby took some in his packed lunch. I did not. Upon returning from work today I have had a very small slice. Smaller, (much smaller) portions will have to become my motto for the rest of this year and beyond I fear. I will try very hard. Right now though I want an early night. Work was hectic to say the least and I'm all but done in.

Blessings, J. x

8 comments:

  1. It's very hard to resist when you're exhausted. Perhaps you could freeze some of it into slices so that you don't have to find the willpower to resist it. I find it hard aswell if I'm tired or stressed. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Aril...there will be no need for freezing any even if I don't eat another crumb. Hubby is a cake fiend...as are a certain pair of small boys...I do love you Grandma...well that's nice, I love you to, but what do you want?! Aah Grandma...you've made cake!! x

      Delete
  2. I think that resisting that cake is a mahoosive achievement so give yourself a pat on the back. It looks delicious. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mrs Tiggywinkle, delicious it certainly is...but I've managed this morning to sit with my coffee and 6 grapes and watch youngest grandson eat his slice with glee and not tuck in myself! x

      Delete
  3. So many of us are in the same zone, fat sticks as we get older. I need to shift a stone and a half, I managed it 2 years ago, then I did not reach my goal target. I've put a bit back on, so I'm aiming for that target again. You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be stick thin, and couldn't put on weight no matter how I tried. Hormones have a lot to answer for I fear! x

      Delete
  4. Oh my! That cake looks amazing. Although, I would have to banish those walnuts into the depths of hell. ;)

    ReplyDelete