Monday 28 March 2022

Blooming Lovely

Yesterday, in fact the whole weekend has been really happy and lovely for us. Mothering Sunday, whilst not as hectic as some years was fabulouso indeed...a real tonic. I cooked a chicken roast for lunchtime and cheese scones for tea. Eldest daughter made a sponge cake and that was enough to fill us up. We ate both meals as an extended family on our sunny patio where we were sheltered from the wind that was blowing farther up the garden drying the washing lovely.

Really delicate daffodils blooming in view of one of the kitchen windows...

Likewise the hellebore...


Hubby moved this bird bath for me to a gap more suited now a bush has grown bigger where it was sited before...

Right handed up the steps to the garden...Once, the garden level extended nearly down to the cottage with just a narrow path at the rear...and the most dangerous steps I think I've ever come across...


Kitty found a spot to survey the neighbourhood...


Before finding this cosy place on our duvet cover which was airing on the Aga...Cheeky puss indeed!

So now looking through these photos I can see that much still needs to be done in the garden...A LOT of weeding, painting the patio walls, and topping off the pillars that I wish were never made in the first place...they make the area behind them very dark for plants, and well, at least we don't have as many of them any more since the extension.

I'm still home on sick leave, so am being extra careful with the electric usage...I'll tell you more next time...

Blessings, J. x


4 comments:

  1. It was a glorious day - in fact the whole weekend just shone!
    I love Kitty's perch - definitely a good vantage point to check out the neighbours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely day. I've been enjoying this warm spring weather. X

    ReplyDelete