Thursday 24 March 2022

Cutting Back

I will readily admit to being an untidy gardener...and a fair weather one too...but even with my current back issues I have managed to get out in our glorious Spring sunshine and begin making way for the new growth that hopefully won't be too long in bursting forth.



Today, one way and another I have managed to relieve the garden of this pile of thatch. An extra codene tablet came in rather useful, but the happy factor won over pain. There are many many weeds dispursed around the beds, and some will stay longer than others. I am pulling a few here and there as I pass up and down the garden, but I know better than to try and do too much at any one time. Oh for many more sunny days to come. 

The day is drawing to a close and very soon I shall make my way indoors to light the fire and begin our evening meal preparations, but right now there are some birds feeding near me on the feeders. Sadly each time I surreptitously point my phone camera at them they take flight.



See...no birds on the feeders in the picture...but they were there...a pair of goldfinches and a sparrow. Guess I'd better leave them in peace so they can eat supper.

Aah...the feeling a drop of sunshine brings...here's hoping for another such dose tomorrow. The past two days I've managed a lovely woodland walk.







I had a lovely stomp around both days. 

Right...now I need to get a shift along or we'll be going hungry tonight!

Blessings, J. x

No comments:

Post a Comment