Monday 14 March 2022

Rubbish, Resstless, Recovery

Nobody wants to endure the effects of a nasty virus I'm sure, and certainly it is no different in our house. Everyone apart from myself are negative now. I sill had a feint line on my test yesterday. Hoping...really hoping it will not still be there today...currently waiting for the result. Life it feels has been on hold the last couple of weeks. I am pulling no punches in saying I'm feeling frustrated, low, angry at the events happening in the world and what the virus has put my body through. I had three days of feeling really really poorly. Though my tummy is still having some major issues thankfully I feel on the mend. I'm still fighting fatigue, aversion to some foods and as I have mentioned digestive issues. There is still so much which needs doing here, and being confined to the home unable to muster the energy to do anything can cause frustration to soon mount. Hubby though testing free of the virus still has an awful sounding cough as does daughter. Since being able to go back to work he has been less stressed, though I can tell it's playing on his mind whether I succumb to Long Covid again which could cause us some financial woes. Believe me this is causing me a near panic every evening as I try to sleep. Realistically I am going to have to curb my hours. Back in December whilst helping the lady with MS who lives nearby I pulled something in my back. It felt like an elastic band snapped and I could feel it travel through my back. It has never really recovered and just before contracting Covid I overused my body which has really set it off again. My sick note actually says I am off with my back rather than Covid.

My lft test is looking less stripey which is good. Unless a feint line appears later which must be so minescule it looks as though I shall be able to put two feet outside the front door and head off to get some much needed shopping. Hubby is not made to do things such as decide on what we need grocery wise. He comes home with what he fancies. Usually things that need eating all at once and nothing to actually make a meal...not that I was hungry at all. He struck good with some lucozade though, it is all I have been drinking for the past week. Tea is a I fancy a cup so make it, than taste it and chuck it away. Anything with vinegar in it is a definite no no as it was last time I had Covid. 

I think hubby realises he was a bit of a plonker when I was poorly last week and yesterday he could not have been more helpful if he'd tried. He seems to panic when I'm ill. Between you and me I think he knows he's incapable of taking care of himself so goes into a proper tizzy spin if I'm struck down with an ailment. He brought in some rather sorry looking daffodils from behind his shed which is at the very top of the garden and they would be seen by nobody. After a bit of a trim and some removing of mud...he was also pulling me a bucket of leeks to process and so they weren't looking their absolute best believe me...they make for some much needed cheer in the kitchen window.




 

I enjoyed snapping them and playing with filters...before being distracted by this lemon drizzle cake I had made...




It is delicious if I do say so myself...In fact so delicious that I fear it will not be long before that changes to it was delicious!

Well the sun is shining and after a weekend with plenty of wind and rain I shall make the most of those glorious golden rays. I shall be keeping an eye on what the government have to say on the making a spare room available for people fleeing their homes. Our room is spare, but not so when son comes home, though we could sort out the smaller room for him and his partner as it's not as if they're here all the time. Living in the country may not be ideal for everybody especially someone who may not have the use of a car. But I think we need to be open to the idea if someone is in need.

Well I'm away to get dressed and off out...I would say I've earned my stripes, but thankfully I've lost one today so lets go and make the most of the day!

Blessings, J. x


8 comments:

  1. My other half does his best when I am feeling rubbish - he really does, but often I feel I need to get up and help him as he seems to be at a loss, bless him :)
    Hope you feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The male...a creature born to be looked after...eternally! x

      Delete
  2. Hope you are fully recovered soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, I do hope that will be the case. x

      Delete
  3. The daffodils look very pretty, at least :)
    I hope you feel much better soon, Jackie, and that you don't suffer any lasting effects of this virus. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are bright and cheery so worth their weight in gold! I intend to not go at anything like a bull in a china shop during my continued recovery. Once bitten twice shy and all that! Hope you're not suffering too much. x

      Delete
  4. Do hope you are soon fully recovered.x

    ReplyDelete