Tuesday 25 October 2022

A Little Autumn Colour

Far from having gone to bed our garden is still lovely in many respects. Yes there are wild plants where I would rather there weren't, it is far from tidy and generally rather soggy. However having just dashed outside to pick in the barely dried laundry before the predicted downpours just now I was delighted to notice just how good some things are looking.

















































From Guelder Rose to Columbine,  Holly berry to Weigela, and Brambly Apple to Dahlia there is still much to look at and admire in our garden here at Little Winter.

The sky is now most definitely grey. Dreary is an accurate description.  I have had a lovely if totally not to plan morning. The in laws thought I was visiting this afternoon and not this morning so after quite a drive with eldest and the children we ventured to an out in the country garden centre. Very happy to have done so too, they have really upped their game since I last visited.  The in laws will be visited later in the week now as daughter had other plans for this afternoon. Some pastry is resting for an apple pie crust as a treat for afters later. I trust hubby is out working hard and burning lots of calories!

And so for the rest of the afternoon, as I have finished my allotted tasks for the day I am resting up in readiness for the next few days of very early starts. Truth is I treated us to a cooked breakfast at the garden centre which was absolutely delicious, however very often if I eat such things before evening meal time my tummy rebels, and it has so now I feel a little bit washed out. Happy but washed out!

I'll leave you with that lovely piece of information...

Blessings, J. x


6 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful in your garden, very lush. I look out my window and all I see is wet, heavy snow. We got 29 centimetres on the weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I do love getting snow...but perhaps quite not as early in the season or as much! Where are you? x

      Delete
    2. In Alberta, Canada in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. This is just the start of the snow until Aapril/May!!

      Delete
    3. What an excuse to hunker down and do cosy things! x

      Delete
  2. Your garden looks lovely. Sadly, mine is now a lot like your poor stomach - washed out. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Notice though I haven't shown the general look...just snippets!! x

      Delete