Tuesday 18 October 2022

Taking Five

Today the sun is shining though a chill East wind is blowing our way and I am thankful for having turned on the Aga before going to bed last evening. I am taking a few minutes away from the massive kitchen clean I've decreed absolutely necessary. So far the windows have been washed and a third of the worktops have been scrubbed. A piece of brisket is in the bottom oven and I can just begin to smell some rather tantalising smells. In the bread maker some dough to make apple and toffee buns is being kneaded. Rather decadent and all lovely despite the calories. Life is slowly returning to normal, though whatever normal actually is I'm not really sure. I can feel my tummy muscles rather like jelly. However old your children become you're always their Mother and I know I will never stop worrying about them until the day I die. The medical emergency was for my youngest and for the first days I just wanted to be with her constantly. Now I am slowly learning to back off. I either see or speak to her most days but slowly, very slowly medically if not emotionally there is definite improvement. Emotions are harder to overcome and I shall be keeping a close eye. Not sure I'll ever trust the A & E department again. Had they checked her over properly on our first visit the emergency most likely would not have occurred and as for 111 I suggest not bothering if at all in doubt. I hope she and her partner have learnt a valuable lesson in looking after themselves. I know they say carers are notoriously bad at caring for themselves and in this instance it was so very true.

Anyway some powerful music is playing on my iPad. A load of laundry is nearly ready to peg out. I need to give the Kenwood a really good clean...you know the sort...as in all the major crevices! The cats would love me to have the door and windows open so they can continually pad in and out...not a chance. All the Aga heat is needed for cooking and airing the laundry.

I've just had a look for a decent picture to upload, however I obviously haven't taken any apart from at work which I cannot share with you. Now the windows are clean perhaps I'll snap a few later.

Take care everyone.

Blessings, J. x


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to read things are slowly improving. I'm just sorry you all had to go through what must have been a traumatic experience. Sending lots of love your way. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules. With each day hopefully we'll head in the right direction. x

      Delete