Wednesday 19 October 2022

Calorie Laden Comfort

I did indeed take a few pictures yesterday. Though having not done quite as much cleaning as I would have liked the kitchen is looking a much better place this morning than it did yesterday.




The recipe makes twelve of these...


Full of toffee, apple and spice...just right for an Autumn afternoon...


I fear a change of Season bug has caught me unawares and I just don't feel quite right. Wobbly legs, really tired, feeling chilly. You know the type of thing. Not enough to put you to bed, and outwardly you don't look too bad but just something not quite right. I'm feeling grateful for enough of last nights leftovers to feed us this evening without much input from me.

The wood burner is laid in all ready and I fear darkness will not have descended when I strike the match today. Having said that it is currently dry if cold and windy so a wash is flapping wildly on the line.

The rest of the day is going to be all about being kind to myself. I have managed a little paperwork earlier and another load of washing is on. This old body is due for an afternoon of rest. I'd like to hunt out the correct size of crochet hook and some yarn for a Christmas project but if it doesn't happen then it doesn't.



Getting ready for last nights meal...a small nod towards the end of the month for the grandchildren...

Well that's all the grey cells are going to let me do for now.

Blessings, J. x

6 comments:

  1. Those buns look amazing! Feel better soon. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Licks lips)...they were Jules! And thank you again. x

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better very soon. Luscious looking buns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue...indeed I hope it soon leaves me alone. Yes the buns were rather lovely. x

      Delete
  3. Those buns are making my mouth water....Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry they've all been gobbled up so I can't send you one! x

      Delete