Monday 31 October 2022

Remembering Their Souls

Well the wheel has turned once more. Autumn is definitely ruling the party and the harvest is all but over for another year. I am especially remembering my parents during these few days of reflection. Sadly both long departed from this world but they have never truly left me completely. They are in the air that I breathe and the food I bake. They are with me on walks and in times of family gathering. We live on in our children so I carry a part of them with me always. I also see them when I look at my children and grandchildren. This does not make me sad...it is merely the way of the World.

Today I should be at work, however Friday evening we went out to see Cornish comedian Johnny Cowling...I laughed and laughed...and partook of the food provided. Something certainly didn't agree with me and I was lucky to be able to remain seated throughout the second half. You don't want the gory details suffice to say that I think the stress of the past few weeks has made my insides rebel a little and possibly a touch of IBS/lactose intolerance has struck. The cramps are fewer now but things still aren't fully right and so I am home doing jobs between rests. Hubby chose yesterday to heave everything out of our entrance/utility/mud room.  All over the dining room table/floor and seating. Think items still caked in building detritus...Yes it really was that bad. Anyway eldest and son in law helped him, the children played and I managed to cobble together a lunch out of mainly leftovers from our Saturday evening Halloween party. (I had made for a very sorry looking witch...pale and clutching a hot water bottle). Anyhow...a party for the children had been planned and we couldn't let them down. So after taking my eye off the ball and not realising hubby was brushing on gloss...oh my...he is many things...but a painter and decorator he is not...but he tried, I have done some touching up this morning...leaving the very high bits until he is home sometime to keep an eye on the ladder. I have also begun to scrub the floor...and boy does it need it...I had practically given up trying to sort it out as each time I did the next lot of building mess came through. Now though anyone caught messing it up will be...well they will know of my displeasure for sure!





There is a scary bat in the above photo...and a spider...somewhere! 

Blessings, J. x


No comments:

Post a Comment