Friday 3 March 2023

Feeling Thankful

It is a little past three thirty in the afternoon. I have just returned from walking to the local post box and taking a stroll down the lane and into the woodland. It is definitely the weather to wear a hat, scarf and gloves which indeed I did. 

The stream is running gently. Some snowdrops remain, but most are looking past their best. I spied a few  primroses, their flowers emerging amidst cloaks of leaves. They may well need those leaves for protection in the coming days and nights. It is reading just 3 degrees in our side passage. The brambles are valiantly holding on to last years ragged leaves, and probably will do so until their new ones open up. 

I heard a pigeon calling it's beautiful call and it's mate answering. Blue tits were busy near the top of the lane.

In the woods I picked up some twigs for the fire. Mainly ash, but a few of dried ivy also. They will be used tomorrow as lightings. A few of our native daffodils have made an appearance. Giving a welcome flash of colour to the otherwise mainly brown woodland-scape. Last years leaves are beautifully dry and crunched beneath my feet as I walked.

It was good to spend a little time out in the fresh. actually very fresh air, after being office based for most of the day. I am fortunate to have yesterday made a large pie and there is plenty for us to eat this evening.

Despite the sun not showing its face at all today laundry has partially dried on the line. 

It was too cold to snap any photos out on my walk. Well I didn't fancy taking off my lovely warm gloves, so I'll just leave you with these...and then sit down with a welcome cup of tea in our beautifully warm living room next to the glowing fire.






Just random shots of our side passage/utility area.

Blessings, J. x

2 comments:

  1. It has also turned much colder again here. I drove home from work behind the gritter. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WintersEndRambler3 March 2023 at 17:55

      Keep warm Jules! x

      Delete