Friday 6 January 2023

A Frustrating Feeling

Still home...not bedridden, but there's absolutely nothing in the tank so to speak. I took the grands to preschool this morning and now I'm all in. Rather out of puff and my hands especially feel stiff. Rather like when I had Long Covid. I don't seem to be wheezing, though last evening I started getting pains in my ribs. This morning I phoned the surgery, but leaving it until after nine due to needing to take the boys, and not feeling like I'm about to drop so to speak it has been a case of get back to us Monday if you're still like it. I phoned work to update them. Part of me feels like a fraud as I'm not in bed, or even lying down. But every time I try and do something I get the shakes. Seriously. I've even opened the box of Turkish Delight to have a couple of pieces when it happens. Strangely I haven't been off my food or tea or coffee or anything throughout. See, a proper fraud.

We had an almighty shower last night, just as I went to bed. Rather ferocious indeed. I believe the weather instrument says we have had 25.9mm so far this week.

Having  said goodbye to the Christmas tree...out the front door quite literally...I have been surprised the place doesn't look barer than it does. We have put up lights in various places, and as hubby likes in his words 'a bit of colour' we sought out some in vintage gold and red ones. Only one every few bulbs is red. I have swopped out the cool white sets for these and am getting used to them. We even have a set all around the kitchen which got the thumbs up from hubby and which was about all I did achieve yesterday. Hopefully if we decide to keep them up he will put little hooks around to replace the blobs of blue tack I have used.

Well that's about as exciting as it's getting at Little Winter right now. 

Today I may piece together a little more of my puzzle. 

So I'll leave you with the fireplace decked out in it's new colourful lights!




Can you spot the loving spoon...it was in hubby's Christmas stocking...

Blessings, J. x

4 comments:

  1. Your fireplace looks lovely .
    Hope you keep improving - even if it is slowly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does...and I'm very grateful that the fire is lit having fetched the boys in horrible rain. I think the key will be rest and recuperate...I will try. x

      Delete
  2. The fireplace looks so warm and inviting. Put your feet up, I say, and enjoy some more Turkish Delight. I've just this minute opened the Quality Street. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is especially warm as it has been pouring with rain outside this afternoon and the fire is lit. Hummm...Quality Street in the cupboard...should we?!xx

      Delete