Monday 16 January 2023

Blessed Relief

This morning I secured a phone return call from the on call surgery team. They requested I go in to see them again and so as hubby had commandeered our car due to his van having a brake pipe failure I asked youngest daughter if she would mind taking me in as it was her day off. Thankfully she seems to love me and readily agreed. This time I saw a nurse who did a more in depth examination. She couldn't hear anything on my chest or lungs but declared it to be too quiet. Whether the virus has triggered asthma remains to be seen. She prescribed a Salbutamol Sulphate inhaler. Next step trying to source one. Two chemists later we gave up. I went back to rest at daughters house until this evening when eldest came to pick up her children whom youngest looks after on a Monday, and she took me back to the chemist that said they were waiting on a delivery of them. Thankfully this was a successful mission and as soon as I reached the car I administered my first two puffs. I'm sure that already my chest feels a little better. Boy am I sore though. I hope that after another two puffs at bedtime and four doses tomorrow I will be well on the road to recovery. I must return to the surgery on Wednesday for bloods to be taken and an ECG. 

Luckily tea was just a pop some leftover stew from yesterday on the wood burner. No roast as we had eaten roast for the previous two days thanks to son being home and having a family gathering on Friday. Sadly there was no way I was fit enough to attend the Wassailing at Rosemoor yesterday. If at all possible we'll do a little something tomorrow evening at home. Let's see how it goes. The 17th being Old Twelfth Night hopefully we could appease the gods of the harvest to come.

Hubby has gone out to play skittles. I am enjoying the fire, pretty lights and something about wildlife in the Atlantic on 5Select. Oh and this didn't last long!





All that frothy hot chocolatey goodness...and the chocolate lolly dunked in was really delicious. My stock of them is vanishing quickly so I may need to hide some from the boys!

Blessings, J. x

4 comments:

  1. Thank goodness you got some help - hope the inhaler works well and you are soon fit and well again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. Yes the inhaler has helped enormously. x

      Delete
  2. I hope your new inhaler has the required affect. And I'm sure another hot chocolate won't do you any harm :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules. Already feeling somewhat improved. Think another hot chocolate may well be on the cards for this evening! x

      Delete