Wednesday 11 January 2023

Home Alone

Yesterday I could definitely tell it was January. The woe me set in a little. Dreary weather, off work (Dr. thinks the virus has inflamed the muscles around my ribs) and I generally felt somewhat hacked off. I decided to ditch the robin jigsaw...well put it in it's box anyway. It just wasn't making me happy having to try each piece in turn. Out came the one youngest daughter gave me for Christmas instead. Eldest has been in this morning with youngest grandson. She coloured my hair and ended up staying as a thunderstorm ensued and she hates thunder, the electric went a few times. I have since managed to nip out to fetch in a basket of lightings and back we are to thunder rain and hail again. 

I have heard talk of the weather returning to cold next week sometime. My guess would be around the time of the new moon. That's what Mum always said. Come to think of it she was always big on the moon. So was Dad. He'd never want to see a new moon through glass and would go to the top of the garden path and turn the change over in his pocket when he first saw it. To see it through glass would be bad indeed.

I have completed a few small tasks this morning. Son is coming home tonight to attend a family funeral tomorrow. I do hope the weather isn't quite as rough as it is right now. He says he doesn't want any tea, though I plan to cobble together a stew. His partner and her family call it lobby. I suppose you just lob in what you have so that makes sense.

This afternoon I may do some jigsaw. Or I may just relax in my armchair. Still rather out of puff and resting with a hot water bottle against my back really soothes the pain. It is rather inconvenient as there are many things I should like to be getting on with. OK, so blog hopping and Pinterest perusing can be good fun, but hardly productive.

I think I'll strike a match to the laid in fire soon and just see how the feeling takes me. It really couldn't be any drearier if it tried. I am trying to embrace dreary and enjoy the day for what it is. I should also be grateful for the enforced rest I suppose. I really am trying to do some things that I can enjoy whilst a bit crook!

The word enjoy has been my word of choice for this year. To wait for the big stuff to happen so we can enjoy it is really a waste of lots and lots of little things that could be equally enjoyable, so inspired by I live I love I craft, enjoy is what I shall try to do. The sound of the wind howling through the Aga vent pipe is really quite something. Down the chimney it makes a different tune. In the bathroom the hail on the vellux window different again. They are I suppose to be enjoyed for what they are. Part of a very stormy January day. I feel really guilty about being in the warm house doing relatively little when hubby is out trying to complete a shed roof.



So enjoy whatever it is you should be doing...

Blessings, J. x


4 comments:

  1. Mr GBT is also still tackling his Christmas puzzle. I have been enjoying watching "His Dark Materials" on i-player. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww bless...afraid I threw in the towel so to speak...really didn't have patience for such a difficult jigsaw at the moment. Haven't seen any of His Dark Materials...The master always has full control of the battery powered beast in our home! x

      Delete
  2. This time of year definitely can dampen down everything (no pun intended) animals hibernate for a reason! Take care of yourself, not being 100% doesn't help either. I can certainly recommend His Dark Materials and you can watch it on your laptop - no battery powered beast required!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha...even our new weather station gives up when the weather gets too bad! Hope that's an issue that can be resolved. Half the fun is seeing when things get really rough. Beginning to feel a little better. My head certainly...think it's called being alive!! x

      Delete