Friday 27 January 2023

First Stirrings

Already in January signs are evident of the shifting seasons.

Birds are singing.

Bulbs are popping up, seemingly unharmed by the cold of Winter.

The cats...they are spending more time outside, and less time sound asleep in one of their various favourite  nesting spots.




The first snowdrops will soon be opening




Wilbur spending some time near the pond


And us...well yesterday I along with my two daughters and two grandsons enjoyed a first outside hot chocolate on the patio in some beautiful sunshine after having taken a short walk. 

But what a difference a day makes. Today is grey as can be with regular light rain showers. I have brought in just a few armfuls of logs. The fire is already lit. It's been a muddle through day so far with no real purpose. I have the boys to pick up from preschool this afternoon.  

I fear my mind to be as grey as the weather...having returned to work I am really rather tired today. My body it seems has been unaccustomed to as much physical activity for a few weeks. Scheduled to work an early shift tomorrow which at the moment I'm unable to summon up any enthusiasm for. Perhaps I should consider hibernating. 



This little ring of beauty is still hanging on our door in from the passage...I've been keeping the battery lights on and will maybe keep it hung up until they run out of power...then again Candlemas beckons next week?! Decisions decisions.

Blessings, J. x


4 comments:

  1. In the past decorations were often kept out until Candlemas - so I say keep it going until the weather gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little signs of spring - so precious, we also have a cat who stalks the pond area, snowdrops making a gentle show of growing and finally getting walks further afield - yes, spring is on her way (yay!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WintersEndRambler31 January 2023 at 10:50

      It certainly is..hooray! x

      Delete